Friday, May 30, 2014

May 26, 2014

Holaaaaa Fammm

Man, the weeks are just flying by.... Seems like just yesterday I was sitting at this computer writing all you guys. So nice to hear that everything's going well with you guys back home. Sounds like quite the experience Lindsey's about to have heading out to Massachusetts... I know what it's like to be in a branch, and even a ward, of 20 to 30 people. It's different, and hard sometimes, but It'll be a great experience for her. But DAAANG, sounds like she's gonna have a good paying job! Converting her money per hour into pesos, that would be around 300 pesos per hour. A lot of people that I've met here are lucky to make that in a DAY, and some, in a WEEK. So don't take it for granted is what I'm saying-- haha.

This week was good. It was the last week of the transfer, so It flew by and now I don't really remember very well what we did during the week. Haha. But we were able to teach some new people this week! Last P day, we were walking around in the Plaza, the main part of town, and this one dude shouts out to me, "how are you!" in English, but in a super terrible accent. haha. Usually, in fact almost always, I ignore those people. Because as soon as anyone sees that I'm American, doesn't matter what either of us are doing, they feel a need to shout at me in English. Even though they don't know more than "how are you" or "what's your name".... And they only do it to annoy me. So, I've learned to stay away from those guys a little bit. Ha but I felt a little different about this guy. So we started to talk, and as I suspected, he didn't know a lick of English other than that one simple phrase. But we talked in Spanish and set up an appointment with him later that week.

So we went, and we talked with him for a while and taught him about the Restoration. He was super attent during the lesson and had a bunch of questions, but as we answered his questions, it was like a light turned on inside of him and you could tell he understood it all. He said, "If there are 2 things that I hate doing in this world, it is reading and writing. But, I think I'll read just a little bit at least of this Book of Mormon". We were pumped! We haven't actually seen him since, but we have plans to go back and visit him. But just a cool little experience for me!

Elder Martinez and I are staying together this transfer. We're both excited, because we'd like to be able to see more fruits from our work. and hopefully, we'll be able to do that this transfer cycle. Things are all good with me... just enjoying life. Amazed at how fast time is going by, but trying to enjoy as much of it as I can. I love you all dearly, and I thank you for everything you are doing for me. It means the world to me. Here are a couple pictures... one is of my district this last change, and the other is of the pet squirrel of this less active guy.

Catch yall later!
Elder Webb





No comments:

Post a Comment