Sunday, May 4, 2014

April 27, 2014

First things first: gotta send some congratulations to Lindsey for graduating! That's awesome. When does she head off to grad school?? Is it still too late to go on a mission?? haha. Nah but I'm proud of you, Linds. Way to go.

Shout out to Uncle Greg for finishing the Boston marathon. Here's hopin for a speedy recovery, too. 
Last Shout out goes to the bunny (who has no name?) that Dad will be getting rid of this week. Too bad I'll never get to know the guy. (girl?)

This week was a good week for us. Lots and Lots of work. Our investigators are doin good.... but, they just don't come to church. It's so frustrating. haha. Matilde is great but we just can't get her to come to church. We passed by her house yesterday to pick her up but she was asleep. So we called her about 5 minutes later and she answered, said she was gonna get ready and go, but never showed up. Frustrating. But, we did have a couple investigators go to church yesterday. 

Victor, who I'm not sure if I've mentioned before, has gone these last two Sundays. He's a stud... 22 years old, boyfriend of one of the members here in the ward. He knows the church is true, but barely has started to go to church regularly. If he keeps it up for 3 more Sundays, he can get baptized! We've got our hopes high. The other one is named Oralia. She is the girlfriend (probably better said, partner) of a less active guy named Tirso. They're awesome. Tirso has been a member for a long time but is just barely starting to get active again. The first time he went in 4 years was 3 weeks ago. he told me the other day, "I don't know what it is... tons of other missionaries have passed by our house, but I've just felt something different with you guys. I've been able to realize my mistakes and see the importance to going to church." That's not to say that we're just awesome missionaries... But I'm a big believer of missionary calls. And that certain missionaries are called to missions and certain parts of that mission, for a reason. It's always because of inspiration. I know that the Lord put me here in this mission, and in this city, because I would make a connection with Tirzo and his partner. I am so thankful for revelation.

This week we had Stake Conference here. It was sweet. President Jordan (mission president...best one in the world, might I add) and his wife, as well as the temple president came up to speak. It was a great meeting. We also had interviews with President this weekend while he was up here for Stake Conference. Its an awesome experience just to talk with that man. Love him to death. We're just hangin in there. Doin what we can. "Come what may, and love it."

Love you all. Thanks for all the support. You don't know how much I appreciate it.

Elder Webb



No comments:

Post a Comment