Monday, May 19, 2014

May 12, 2014

Hey hey everyone!
Not too much to say today... kinda let it all out over the skype call. Buuuutt...... I guess I can ramble for a paragraph or two.
Do I really have a Mexican accent? Come on, it can't be that bad. I loved being able to talk to you guys for a little while. Its so great to see that everyone's doing well. Everyone seems happy, which is what makes me even more happy. Cameron reminds me way too much of myself when I was in high school.... It's so weird to see you all with smart phones.... First of all, because I never thought I'd see the day in the Webb family where anyone had a smart phone, and second, here in Mexico not many people have smart phones. But hey, there's a first time for everything.
Hey, while I'm thinking about it, I just bought a new camera today. It was 420 pesos. Haha literally the biggest steal of a deal (I love Mexico) its like a nice Sony camera, almost exactly like the one I just broke, brand new out of the package. So I thought I'd take advantage. So if you could reimburse me.... that'd be pretty sweet :)
I've been reading lately in 1st Nephi in my personal study. In my time in the mission, and as I keep going, I'm realizing more and more the importance of obedience. Nephi was ALWAYS obedient to God's commandments. Even when everyone in his family, including his Dad, the prophet, were murmuring against the Lord. I love verse 3 in chapter 17, just before Nephi receives the commandment to build the ship. (I don't know exactly how it is in English...) "The commandments of God should be completed (or kept...)" If we are faithful in keeping the commandments of God, he will feed us and strengthen us. The strength we need to overcome every single trial that will be put in our path can be overcome according to our faithfulness in keeping and being obedient to God's commandments.
Love you all... Thanks for everything you do for me. I'll write next week, and can't wait until Christmas to talk to you all again.
Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment