Sunday, February 1, 2015

January 26, 2015

HEWWO FAMWY

How's it going everyone?  I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well! Lindsey, be careful out there. I had no idea uncle Rick died! I don't think I ever knew him, did I? That's too bad, my prayers go out to the Myers family! I hope Grandma Webb is doing alright. About those goals, Mom, give me like a week to think about it and if you remind me next week I'll let you know.

Wellp... This week went by incredibly fast. I was sick on Thursday. I think I ate a bad taco. But miraculously, I was only down for one day! The next day, I was fine! We spent a lot of time this weekend making a plan for our zone for this upcoming month. We're getting excited! But I think that might be part of the reason that it went by so fast. We went on divisions again this week. This time we went with Elder Grover and his companion, Elder Casco. I went out to Elder Grover's area. I had been on divisions with Elder Grover once before, and once again we had a really good time together. He's become a good friend, and we had some good experiences teaching some of their investigators. 

Here in our own area, we had a decent week. We had Betty's baptismal interview this Saturday. I think it was a good experience for her, but she didn't pass the interview! We were kinda confused why, but she told us, "I couldn't tell the interviewer that I knew that Joseph Smith was a true prophet... because I don't know it. I want to be sure about it before I get baptized." That kinda hit us, like, why didn't we think of talking about that more?! It was an interesting experience though. All this time teaching her, we've focused on all the doctrines of the church. You name it, we touched on it. But only in the first lesson did we touch on the source of all of the doctrines of the church, Joseph Smith and the Restoration of the Gospel. Everything that we teach, live, and practice depends totally on the Restoration of the Gospel through the Prophet. I testify that obedience to ALL of the restored principles of the gospel brings peace and joy and gladness in our lives. How can such blessings be denied? If the fruit be good, how can the tree from which it stemmed be bad? Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know it. I know that God knows that I know it. And I cannot deny it.

This is the last week of the transfer cycle! Kinda crazy. I'm really hoping to stay here in the area to be able to see Betty's baptism. Thank you all for your love and support. I couldn't ask for a better family.

Elder Webb




No comments:

Post a Comment