Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9, 2015

Hey everyone!

Man, well this week was a roller coaster! I never knew having kidney stones could be so much fun!! Haha I just want to say thank you so so much to all of you back home for all the prayers and get well wishes. I can feel them all the way down here in Mexico! I'm glad to be out of the hospital... I hate being stuck in the hospital in the mission field! It's terrible. But these last few days I've been taking it a little easy. I'm doing just fine, I don't want you all to worry about me. Everything will be fine! :)

Anyways, we had a fairly uneventful week besides the whole kidney stone incident (which was fairly eventful, might I add). We spent a lot of time working on the material for our zone plan and for the zone class that we had to teach. But we did get a little bit of working time in. We were super happy, because we had a total of 5 investigators show up to church yesterday! Betty, who we are still working with, Luis, who is a 9 year old kid whose parents are starting to get active again, Socorro, a newish investigator of ours, Rosa, who we've been teaching for a while now, and another guy named Francisco that was visiting from a different part of town. 

We were super excited to see Socorro show up! We found her about 3 weeks ago when we went out to do some visits with the stake president. At the time, she said she was not interested in learning anything about the church. She said that she had talked with the missionaries before, but that they couldn't answer her questions. She lost interest, and cut ties with the missionaries and the church. And so now, a few years later, here we are! She's seeing that her questions are being answered and is showing a lot of interest! She had told us that she didn't want anything to do with churches, but when she went to church yesterday, she told us that she liked it! She's progressing really well, and we have high hopes for her!

That's about all I have to say this week. It was great to talk to you, Mom. You're my favorite. Please don't worry about me, if anything happens, you guys will know right away. Much love! Thanks for everything! Share the gospel!

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment