Monday, December 29, 2014

December 28, 2014

Hey Hey Hey!

Let me apologize now, Mom, and say that the usb port on my computer today doesn't work... So I won't be sending any pictures. I'm sorry. Hopefully by next week I'll be able to send you guys some pictures.

Man, the phone call on Christmas went by crazy fast! It was great to see Grandma and Grandpa Garrick, too. I always love talking to you guys!! And I apologize for not telling you all about my hospital stay when it first happened :) And Thank you so so so so much for the Christmas package. You don't know how much I enjoyed it!! You guys are the greatest. I continue to enjoy the toffee and the candy actually so thanks for that!

Mom..... SO YOU SAY ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY.... da da ded dda doo IT's MY BIRTHDAY TOOOO... ahahaha happy birthday, Mom!!! You're the best mom in the world and you look even younger than you did when I left! :)) I literally cannot express into words how thankful I am for you and how much I love you.

Things were pretty slow this week! People take the holidays pretty serious here... everyone is partying like all the time I swear. But we had some good experiences teaching this week, although we weren't able to teach much. But on Christmas it was pretty interesting. We were all gathered together as a zone eating and playing around and having a great time, but at the end of our activity we received paper bags full of candy and a few different bags of bath products like shampoo and soap and stuff to take around to some poor people. At this time of year, a lot of very poor people come in from the small towns outside of the city and they basically just live in the streets for a few days. So we took these bags of candy, soap, and fleece blankets that one of the sister missionaries had brought to a bunch of these people. What a humbling experience for me! Here I was, with new socks, a new tie, and a new watch that I had received from my family, and these people with hearts overflowing with joy to have received a fleece blanket because their daughters don't have any. I truly felt the spirit of Christmas this year, and I will be eternally grateful for that experience that we had!

I love you all from the bottom.... OF MYYY HEEEEAAARRT! hahah

FELIZ NAVIDAD Y PROSPERO AÑO

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment