Wednesday, November 26, 2014

November 24, 2014

HEEEYYYYOOOOO

What's going on everybody! Hey, tell Greg and Miriam and their family that I say Hi!!

As far as the Thanksgiving package, I haven't received that yet. I don't know if it's waiting for me in the mission offices or not, which could be a possibility. Fingers crossed! haha. And I'll do the best I can to wait until Christmas to open my Christmas package. I mean, It would probably be a notable feat if it gets here to me before Christmas in all honesty. But if it does I'll wait until Christmas to open the gifts :)

Man, this week went by sooo fast! It just keeps going by faster and faster. Things are going well though! Really nothing to complain about. I've got a great companion, we're working hard and seeing some success in our area as well as in our zone... things are going pretty smoothly right now! (knock on wood). This week wasn't too eventful, just about as normal of a week as you can get. Aside from that, we had interviews with President Jordan! Always fun to have interviews! Ha.

 We had a pretty decent day at church yesterday! Sundays are always pretty tiring for us because we have to go to all 3 blocks of both of the wards. But it's great because there's this sister in the second ward, just the sweetest lady of all time, that always brings us little sandwiches before the second ward starts :) gotta love her! Beti came to church as well! She is progressing really nicely and we are looking to baptize her the 13th of December! Carolina and her two little kids came as well! I don't know if I've mentioned her before, but she's an investigator that we're teaching right now. She learns a little slower but she's really excited about the church and she looks like she feels comfortable there.

This week we had a couple of interesting experiences. One was actually pretty funny. We went to contact a reference that we had received the other day, and we got to the house but no one was home. We look across the street and we see a lady with her arm in a sling setting up a bunch of chairs in her front yard thing. So we were like, perfect contact moment! So we went over and offered some help, she denied our help but we started to talk with her a little bit and present ourselves and what not. Something wasn't quite right in this contact, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. We asked if we could pass by some day and she said yes, but in a really weird way and it was then that I realized it. This "woman" wasn't actually a woman... It was a man. Turned woman. My comp and I both realized it at the same time, and after that it was just SUPER awkward. Needless to say that I don't think we'll be going back to visit.

The other experience we had wasn't so much funny as it was just awesome! I told you about the "half-drunk guy's sister" a little bit, well, we went to teach her about a week and a half ago and we left a Book of Mormon with her other son that was there with us. We went back this week, only a couple of days after our original visit. She wasn't available to talk but her son was, and we sat down to talk with him for a minute and we asked him if he had been able to read a little bit of the Book of Mormon. He goes, "Yeah, in fact I read the first 15 chapters. It's pretty cool!"  We were like.......uh......... AWW YEAH!! haha the kid's a stud and he's getting his mom a little bit more excited too!

Well, everybody, I hope you all have a fantastic week and remember that I love you all. This is a picture of me and my comp with our autumny ties. Peace!!

Elder Webb



No comments:

Post a Comment