Wednesday, November 26, 2014

November 17, 2014

Hey Hey!!

What's up everybody. Man, just gotta say, things are going great here!! H--I'm loving where I'm at and how things are going. My companion, Elder Hernandez and I are getting along really well and are working great together! He's a funny kid, super happy and smiley all the time and literally just loves everyone. He's so smooth! We've got a few investigators that are progressing that I'll tell you about in a sec, but to answer your question mom, The "half-drunk guy's sister" is progressing in every aspect except for going to church. So... basically she's not progressing....  but she's getting there :) It was a great experience working with Abad before his baptism but man, I'll tell you what, he's really hit some tough times! He STILL hasn't been able to be confirmed!! And he's literally disappeared--like we have no idea where he could have gone to! Keep him in your prayers, please.

I think my companion would like ANYTHING that you want to give him, not kidding. He's a super humble guy from Mexico City. So like.... honestly, anything. haha. Just surprise us both ;)

So anyways, this week was pretty sweet. A little frustrating at the beginning of the week because I was a little sick with a bad cold but that only lasted a couple of days. We found a couple of investigators this week that are gonna be baptized in about a month!! Haha they are awesome. Both of them are middle-aged women, one named Rosa Maria and the other named Carolina. They both went to church yesterday and Rosa Maria had a special experience with us after sacrament meeting as we taught her, and she accepted a baptismal date for the  for the 20th of December! We're super excited for her. 20th of Dece

Our other investigator, Beti, (pretty sure I mentioned her last week?) is also progressing! She went to church yesterday and everything. On Saturday we had a lesson with her and we had assigned her to read Alma 32 about the seed of faith, and she told us all about her experience. She said that that has been one of the biggest questions on her mind for the last little while, 'how can I increase my faith?'. She said that when she was reading she felt "illuminated", and she felt this deep, strong feeling in her chest that she had never felt before. So we were like, um.... ya that's definitely the Holy Ghost!  And so she's starting very nicely along the path to conversion. This week we're looking forward to a lot of work. The wards here have never been so excited! :) Things are going great. I'm so happy to be a part of this great work! I love you guys with all my heart. Thanks for everything :)

Elder Webb

(Elder McNamara and I at the temple)
(Baptism of Abad)





No comments:

Post a Comment