Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July 28, 2014

YOOOOO--What's up fam!!!

I feel like it must be just super hot everywhere in the world right now.... I open up my email and all I see in every message is that it is just the hottest thing ever. Can anyone say global warming?
And ya..... it's pretty dang hot here, too..... in case you were wondering.

But forget the heat, we're chillin out here!! haha seriously though we're having a good time in this place and working really hard. I've never sweated so much in my life. Even all those summers working for Keith Wilson at his house or at his ranch don't compare to what I'm experiencing everyday! But I'm loving it. 

We had a good week this week! We taught a lot of people and are still finding a lot of new people to teach every week but we struggle a bit to get them to come to church and progress towards their baptism. But yesterday, our investigators Abimael and his wife Angelica and also Jesus went to church! it was great to see them there... and they really like it! At this pace, all three of them can get baptized on August 30th! They're showing a lot of faith and desires to change their lives and follow Christ's path. There's nothing more rewarding as a missionary. Last night, we went to visit Abimael and Angelica at their house to teach them. It's always a fun time to visit those guys. They're a young couple, and are just the nicest people in the world. They've been married for 6 years, and have always dreamed of having a baby, but up until now they haven't been able to. For whatever reason, even though both of them are very healthy. So last night they explained that to us, and then they asked us to give them a priesthood blessing, that their desires might be fulfilled according to their faith. It was a lesson on faith that I'll never forget. They said, "we've made the mistake of searching for answers from men and doctors, but now, we want to put our trust and faith in God, and we know that you two are sent from God." It was a sweet experience.

Dad, that golf analogy was perfect. I loved it, and I had never thought of it in that way! Thanks a lot, that will really help me along. For those who might read this message, and assuming that I was the only one who saw Dad's email, He explained to me that golf is a lot like life and missionary work. In golf, it's all about making as few mistakes as possible. Recovering is key to being a good golfer and always "focusing on the next shot". In life and missionary work, as well as in golf, there is never a need to play alone. The Caddy is always available to help us see the obstacles and give us advice on what we need to do or what would be best to do. But, we always have to take our own swings. I know that as long as we listen, our Caddy will always be there at our side, guiding us every step of the way to help us become the best players we can be. Love you all, thank you for everything that you do for me. Have an awesome week this week!!!

Elder Webb

(first pic is elder hernandez and I eating lunch the other day...... SUPER BURRITOS)
(second is me opening the package ya'll sent me :) )





No comments:

Post a Comment