Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 4, 2014

:);)
Hows it goin,everyone!!

Man this week fleww by! I felt like we spent more time on the bus than we did working! This week we had interviews with President Jordan, and I know you guys already know it because I mention it literally every time we have interviews but, I love that man!! It's always an edifying experience to be one on one with him. I learned a lot in the interview we had! He said something that has really stuck with me and that I have been striving a little bit better to keep in mind. He said, giving me counsel on how I can keep progressing, "Pray just a little more than you do right now. Every so often, just take a step back and ask yourself, 'What am I doing?', and then say a prayer asking for guidance." I think that that is counsel that we can all take to make our lives just a little bit more meaningful. But the days of the interviews always takes away a lot of work time for having to travel 2 hours to and from. But aside from the interviews, i received my stuff to renew my visa, and so I sent it into the mission offices but there were some things wrong on them. So they had me go allllll the way to Tampico just to sign a couple of stupid papers. haha. So that took away like half of friday and all of saturday..... haha but it's all good!

Abimael and Angelica and Jesus all went to church on sunday!! They are soooooo awesome. They're getting ready to get baptized onAugust 30th! We're getting super excited too.

For the most part, not too much was goin on this week! Lots of travelin, little bit of workin! haha. Yesterday, we did find this crazy new investigator though. We went to contact a reference that some other elders had given us and when we got there, we saw that there were two guys there, and one of them was like half drunk with a huge bottle of beer at his side. We introduced ourselves and started talking and the drunk guy just would not shut up! Haha like we were trying to teach a little bit but he kept asking questions and doubting everything we were saying. But we finally talked a little bit about the Book of Mormon and he kinda sat up and started paying more attention. After a minute the half drunk guy goes, "Is that for sale?" And when we explained that it was for free he goes, "Alright, give me two months. I'm gonna read the whole dang book and analyze it, and then we'll talk." haha we were kinda surprised at his response but we agreed and said our goodbyes. So, i guess we'll see what two months has in store for him! haha. The power of the Book of Mormon is real. I'm tellin ya.

Love you all, thanks for always being the greatest examples for me. Peace!

Elder Webb
(a couple of sweet views from our area)



No comments:

Post a Comment