Monday, April 7, 2014

March 31, 2014

FaMiLiA
I'm getting a lot better at the piano, believe it or not. Pretty sure the Lord is helping me out. haha. But cherish the organ that you guys have back home because it's a ton worse to have a 19 year old kid who had almost forgotten how to read music playing the right hand melody of the hymns every Sunday. But I'm getting a lot better :) And the goal of baptizing one person every week? ha....... we're workin on it :) it's not too easy. But who said missionary work would be easy, am I right?

Wow... sounds like everyone had quite the week back home! And Mom, thanks for all the pics! From what I've seen and heard this week, everyone is receiving many blessings. I'm not kidding... I open my mail, read letters from Cam, Dad, Mom, other friends, Aunt Ann... And the blessings just abound. I can see that the blessings have even reached Cam and Lindsey! Cam seems to have a little less acne and Lindsey looks like she's dropped a few pounds! (hahaha you knew I couldn't miss the chance to embarrass Cam and Lindsey right?) No but seriously. Its honestly amazing to me how many blessings we ALL are receiving. It truly is. Hold on to them. Cherish them. And always remember the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 78:19, "And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundredfold, yea, more."
This week wasn't too bad for us... we had what I felt was a lot of success in teaching this week. The only problem was none of our investigators showed up to church. Which is tough, because obviously if they don't show up to church they can't get baptized. But, we're staying optimistic. We've been blessed to have found quite a few new people to teach, new people with desires to get baptized and follow the gospel, but just can't get them to come to church that's all!! ha.... frustrating. The mission will work your patience let me tell ya.
We're super pumped for General Conference this weekend. At least I am. Mostly because I get to watch it in English. The language of the Restoration! Spanish is sweet... and it's cool to know another language... but.... I like English better. haha. I'm gonna be praying this week and thinking of questions to take to conference, so that I can be inspired. I invite you all to do the same! It's like, 2 times a year we have a chance to refresh, start over again, relearn the gospel as taught through the mouths of the prophets, and be inspired to know what we need to do in our lives. Conference is for US. It's not just for the prophets and apostles to practice the talk-giving and speaking skills... What they say is direct inspiration for all of us. Let's take advantage.
By way of spiritual thought, I have a quote that I really like from President Monson. One thing that I love about the mission is that in every house, there are like a million old Liahona's and Ensigns. And with a bunch of extra time at night, it's fun to read all of them. This week I found a quote from President Monson in the August 2012 issue of the Ensign where he says, "May we ever remember that the mantle of membership in the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is not a cloak of comfort but a robe of responsibility." Being a member of the His true and living church isn't a luxury, it's a responsibility. We all share that same responsibility. Love you all.
Elder Webb



No comments:

Post a Comment