Monday, December 30, 2013

December 30, 2013

Hey Hey, Everybody!!
It was great talking to all of you this past week on skype... I miss all of you like CRAZYY but at the same time I know that what I'm doin here is more important at the moment. Haha. I didn't even realize it was my birthday until like last night, a couple hours before we got home! And as far as the cake thing, Linds, ya that's a thing here in Mexico but none of the members knew that it was my birthday yesterday so no.... I didn't get my face shoved in some cake :(  But it's all good, the holidays are over which means its back to the normal grind!--It's always been the normal grind but just knowing that everyone back home was celebrating the holidays without us was the only hard part haha. But I'm glad to hear that you guys had a good time down in St. George! Can't wait 'til we can all head down there again as a family and enjoy some time together.
The teaching here in our area is getting better! It was slow for quite a while... but we've put a little extra effort in finding new people to teach lately, and it's paid off a little bit! We found this one lady named Irma as a reference from a member here in the ward. Right from the get go, Irma was super prepared to hear our message. You can tell when you run into someone that the Lord has prepared for you to meet. The first lesson with her was spirit-packed, and she accepted a baptismal date! She went to church yesterday and is preparing to be baptized on February 1st. She's golden, and I'm so thankful that we were able to be instruments in the Lord's hands to help her find the gospel in her life. Other than her, we have a couple other investigators but they aren't progressing nearly as well as she is. But we're gonna keep working on finding new people to teach and helping this ward progress a little bit!
 
Mom, I hope you had an outstanding day yesterday on our birthday (I´m sure it was better than mine ;)) I hope all of you remember the Christlike spirit of the Christmas season and really make an effort this year to be more Christlike. Also, I want to invite each one of you, everyone who reads this message, to think of someone who is maybe less active in the church, or just a non-member all together, and invite them to accept the gospel. I promise you that you will see more blessings in your life as you do so, and if you make an effort to do it, the Lord will help you find and talk to the people who need to hear the good news of the gospel. Love you all sooo much. Have a great week :)
Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment