Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sept. 15, 2014

HEEEEEEEEEyYYOOOOOOO

Wassup famm!!

Man this week was a great week. First and foremost, I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing well, and that Dad and Cam live up at the deer club now. Oh, and quick --s/o to my boy Dillon Headen "big red" for getting a taste of the deer club. I'd better be getting some sweet pics next week! Alright so now that that's out of the way.... This week was great! We got a lot of things done, and continue to see miracles daily. So many people are prepared to receive this gospel. My testimony continues to grow about that. My new companion and I are working super hard and are getting along just great. I'm absolutely loving it :) 

It has been raining a tooooon though. It always gets bad here in September. The good thing is that we're like on the side of a mountain in this area so there aren't many big puddles of water and our house is on the second floor so I'm pretty sure we're not gonna get flooded this year :)

On Tuesday this week I did divisions with and Elder Pantoja from Colombia. I learned a lot from him, he's like 26 years old and he barely got baptized like 2 years ago! He's really a humble guy and we had a good time together. We were invited by the branch president to accompany him and a few others from the branch to go and visit a member family that lives in one of the bazillion native communities outside of the city. so we traveled out to visit them because they haven't been to church in a long time. Man, I thought that being here in this city was humbling but to take a trip out to there was even more so. These people live just off the land and in super humble conditions. It was a good experience and an absolutely beautiful place to visit.

We've been working a lot with one of our investigators named Jesus to get baptized. He's ready and he's been to church a bunch of times with us, but he just needs a little more time to stay away from some addictions that he had. If he keeps clean and everything, we're hoping to be able to baptize him this week. We also had a really good experience with Marisol, Angelica's (the wife of Abimael, that just got baptized) sister this week. We taught her about the Restoration of the Gospel, and from the get go it was just a spiritual visit. As I shared Joseph Smith's first vision, the spirit was so strong. We all felt it, and in that moment, we invited her to be baptized. Without hesitation, she said yes. We were soo pumped!!!! The spirit is honestly so important in everything that we do as missionaries and members of the church. I've learned that time and time again in my mission. We should do everything possible to always have the spirit with us.

Well, Family, I love you guys so much and am so thankful for your support each and every day. Have an awesome week. ¡VIVA MEXICO! (tomorrow is Mexican Independence Day) :)

Elder Webb





No comments:

Post a Comment