Thursday, June 19, 2014

June 16, 2014

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all had an enjoyable Father's Day, Dad..... and everyone else.... no one here really recognizes Father's Day. It's like a holiday but no one really celebrates it. haha.

Answers to mom's questions: That thing on my forehead was either a bug bite or a pimple.... one of the two.... My release date next summer is June 8th according to my sources. And.... was there anything else? Can't remember.... But YAYYY I'm gonna get a package :))) And Congrats to Josh Southwick for his mission call!! How many missionaries are out from our ward now? Who are the next ones to come home?

Things were weird this week. Very up and down. On Tuesday this last week, I went on divisions with one of the zone leaders, Elder Granda from Ecuador. Man..... I learned so much from that guy. He's 25, literally knows more about the doctrine of the gospel than anyone I've ever met. He's just an amazing guy and we had a great time together. We had an awesome experience together teaching. We went to say hi to an "investigator" that lived close to where we were at at the time. She really had never been interested in the missionaries, and was always glued to her catholic roots. We stop by, she comes out, and appears very antsy, like she doesn't want to talk to us. But after a minute or two, we found an entrance into talking about prophets and the restoration of the gospel. It was amazing, as we taught, I was personally taking note as her countenance began to change, it began to soften. But, you could still tell that she was holding back, not wanting to give in to what we were saying completely. But we get to the part about Joseph Smith's first vision, and I was gonna share it. Before I shared it, I asked her specifically to pay attention to her feelings as I recited it. So I recited it, and the Spirit came upon each one of us so strongly, it was undeniable. 

When I finished I asked her, "How do you feel?" and she said, "I.... I.... don't know...". Jumping to the rescue, Elder Granda asks, "But you did feel something, right?" To which she responds, "Yes......but I don't know how to describe it.... it was.... indescribable." As we testified that it was the Holy Ghost bearing witness that our message was true, The strength of the spirit that we all felt was intensified. She finally committed to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know the truth, and went inside to grab a glass of water for us. As she did so, Elder Granda and I put our arms around each other and he said to me, "God brought us here, Elder." It was one of the most special moments so far in my mission.

As far as the downs go.... now Mom, please don't freak out... I came down with a foot infection. I had to go into Tampico on thursday and stay the night. They checked me out, prescribed me rest and anti-biotics, and I came back home. So for the last few days we've just been cooped up in the house, watching all the church movies we can find. It was a little frustrating but my foot is getting better which is the good thing. Well, thanks for everything guys. Love you all to death!!

Elder Webb






No comments:

Post a Comment