Saturday, June 14, 2014

June 9, 2014

¡Family!

Well things are going well here. This has been a hard area for me. We've never struggled with having people to teach, but it's been so hard to get them to progress! This week we spent a lot of time trying to find new investigators, and we were able to find a few good ones that we think can progress! Yesterday, we went to contact a referral that we had received from a less active member. She was very friendly and invited us in. She's very catholic (like all of Mexico) but she was very atent and willing to listen. The lesson went well, just normal until we introduced the Book of Mormon. I don't know what changed, but there was just a different spirit in the room. As we testified of the truthfulness of the book, her countenance started to change a little bit. She promised us she would read it, and so we decided to close with a prayer. I offered the prayer, and it was another additive to the spirit that was there.  After the prayer, the spirit was undeniable and we knew that she was feeling it too. My companion asked her, "How do you feel?" and she started to cry... and said, "Good. I feel at peace." We told her that it was the Spirit that was testifying to her that our message was true. She was very excited to invite us back :)

Yesterday, I also had a cool experience with Bernarndo, the taco chef, at church. At the end of the gospel principles class, he pulled me aside and said, "Elder Webb, I'm never gonna forget you. Even though you may be far away, you'll always be special to me. You'll always be the Elder that brought me back to church. And I thank you for that." I was like, taken back a little. I had never really heard it like that in my mission. Those are some of the experiences that a missionary lives for. I know that I don't deserve credit for bringing Bernardo back to church, I'm just on the Lord's errand, but it's a testimony builder to hear things like that. Makes you want to keep working and find more people that can have that same experience.

I love you alll sooooooo much and I wanna wish the best Dad in the world a happy father's day. Dad, have a good one. You deserve it. Thanks for being the best example for me in my life. Love you. Take care everyone!

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment