Sunday, March 9, 2014

March 3, 2014

Wassup Fam!

Writing a little bit late because, yes, I got transferred. I kinda saw it coming, but did not want it to happen. I'm with Elder Ocampo, I'm finishing up his training and I got called to be District Leader again. Life's good, I'm in a city about 3 hours outside of Tampico. Changes are always exciting, this area from what I've seen so far shows a lot of promise. Elder Ocampo, who is from Veracruz, Mexico, is a stud and I'm already impressed with him. Kinda sad I had to leave my area in Tampico... More than anything, because I'm gonna be missing Irma's baptism. She was so sad when I went to say goodbye to her last night... haha I thought saying goodbye to the family and all my friends was hard... dang.... ha that was hard. Its different, because you never know if you're gonna see someone like that again. I hope to come back to visit my mission some day, but who knows if I'll be able to find her again or whatever. It's tough... but I'm so glad that I was able to be a part of her life and a part of her accepting the gospel. She's doin great... and is heading down the right path.
This week Elder Johnson from the seventy, President of the area in Mexico, came to visit our mission. All the missionaries within the limits of Tampico went to a stake center to have a meeting with him. It was awesome! He's such a smooth guy... If you don't know who he is, I'm sorry. You're missin out. He talked to us, as missionaries, about a lot of things. Mostly about missionary work.... haha. But later that night there was like the adult session and we took Irma with us to go see the meeting. In that meeting, he talked a bunch about fortifying the home.

He asked the question to the whole congregation, (not a small congregation might I add), how many of them were reading their scriptures as a family EVERY DAY. He asked them to raise their hands if they were doin it, and NO ONE raised their hands. Including stake presidents and bishops in this meeting. He then testified that if they don't start to do it, they're gonna lose at LEAST 3 or 4 children or grandchildren. Lost, like, not being saved in the celestial kingdom. It was so powerful... and I thought back to when I was at home, how diligent we were in scripture study. We were pretty good about scripture study, but let's not kid ourselves, we didn't read EVERY day together. Its not like Mom and Dad didn't try, more than anything it was because of us kids and doing whatever it was that we were doing. So, I would ask you all, like Elder Johnson did to those members, are you studying the scriptures as a family every day? We talk a lot about how the Lord is hastening his work.... But so is Satan. The scriptures are the solution!!
Everything's just great out here in the mission field. I'll be learning my new area in these next few days but everything will be alright. Love you all sooo much. Miss you every day. Here's a picture of me, Irma, and Elder Delgado last night. Love you all!!
Elder Webb


No comments:

Post a Comment