Saturday, July 6, 2013

July 3, 2013

July 3, 2013

Hola, Familia!  So . . . I've already been here for a week now.  Not quite sure where the time went, but I'm enjoying it so far.  Tuesday night we had a devotional at the Marriot Center and Brother Richardson of the General Sunday School Presidency came and spoke to us.  It was awesome!  He spoke to us about the importance of  being a "real missionary" and "acting well our part".  I really liked it. 

I'm starting to pick up on Spanish pretty well . . . I can understand quite a bit when someone speaks to me, but I'm not great at speaking it yet.  We've been teaching an "investigator" this week (not a real one . . . one of the teachers plays the part of an investigator).  The first couple of times I didn't stray from my notes really at all, but this last time I really tried to speak from memory.  I learned that I knew a lot more than I thought and that the gift of tongues is real.

I see my friends all the time here . . . I think I told you Dawson is in my zone and Gavin is right next door, but I see Mac, Jake, Austin Bitters, and Talon all the time, too.  It's like I never left.  Haha.  Have I told you about Elder Pond?  He rooms with us, super tall country boy.  Dad and Cam would get a kick out of him. 

Anyways, love you guys!  Thanks for the Dear Elders . . . I enjoy reading mail every night.  Tell people to write to me!--it gives me something to do when I get back at night :)

Love you!

--Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment