Wednesday, April 15, 2015

August 13, 2015

Well howdy, Y'all!!

Man this week could not have gone by faster.... I'll jump right into it but let me first say that I had NO idea about the masters tournament. I think that at this point in my mission I've just forgotten about everything haha. Who won? Sounds like you guys had quite the time down in St. George. I've become good friends with an Elder here who is from Bloomington, right close to where grandma and grandpa have their condo. Just another hook up we can have down there :). I'm so happy that Cam FINALLY got his patriarchal blessing. If it was anything like my experience, I'm sure it was a life-changing experience.

Well, we had a lot going on this week! We had zone conference with president this week. All of the missionaries here in this city got together in the stake center and we had a really nice meeting. The Jordans are finishing up their missions this summer as well, you can tell that it's a little sobering for them too. It was a very spiritual meeting, President Jordan talked a lot about the Savior's grace. Between the zone conference and President Uchtdorf's talk about grace in general conference, which I loved by the way, I think I've gained a greater understanding of the Grace of the Savior. I've seen it countless times over my mission, and my testimony of Him and His grace will be the my best souvenir that I'll be taking home with me.

We have some pretty sweet investigators right now. I haven't talked much about him, but we're teaching an 18 year old kid named Fabian. He's such a stud, he started investigating the church before we were here, even though there weren't any missionaries here in the area. He's gained such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and the church. Yesterday, he even brought one of his friend's with him, and now SHE has a great interest in the church. The only bad thing is that she doesn't live here in our area. It's pretty awesome to see. He's already starting to prepare himself to go on a mission. I've come to love him, and I'll be sending pictures this next week of his baptism!! Aside from him we were able to teach that one lady that I talked about last time. Her interest keeps on growing and growing. We talked a little bit about the "blessing" that she's waiting for, and immediately the parable of the pearl of great price came to my mind. I'm anxiously waiting and hoping for the day that she realizes that this is that pearl of great price.

I hope you all know how much I love you! Things are going well here, and I can feel your love and prayers each and every day. Talk to you all next week!

Elder Internet


No comments:

Post a Comment